Saturday, January 5, 2013

Flooding

It's freezing this January, earlier than I remember. I went to work and when I got home, I saw a frozen pond on our front driveway. I thought it looked pretty cool until I figured out that meant flooding. 
I then looked up to see a glacier in our front yard. I took these pictures after I had the water turned off, but when I first saw everything, water was running down the sidewalk and freezing almost immediately. 


 I looked up at the house and saw a few inches of water along the foundation. I ran in the house to check for flooding. Thank heavens there wasn't any.

With a lot of help from our dear friends, I got the water turned off and we dug a hole about 4 ft. down to find the pipe that was spewing water.
A plumber friend came out and checked everything, but he was too busy to fix it, so we had another guy come out and they went to work, fixing it in just a few hours.

I am so thankful for people with the right tools and the right skills to be able to fix something i can't.

Now, the pipe is fixed (it was never connected correctly) and the ground is put back together. All is well.

1 comment:

pan x 8 said...

Oh my freakin' goodness Emily! How crazy is that! I, too, am grateful for people that have the right tools and the know-how to fix things we cannot. I just wished that me and Charlie were the "people that have the right tools and the know-how to fixe things.." hahahhaha...