Monday, August 26, 2013

Should I Play Catch UP?

I haven't written our goings on for so long and I really miss it. I'm at the point of trying to decide to play catch up or just start from here and move forward. This has been a crazy year for us, a lot has happened, so I'll probably add randomly but if I don't start now, I'll never catch up. I was looking over my life recently and I have to say, I am overwhelmingly blessed. Chris and I are probably at our best place in our marriage. I mean, we've been happy and we've loved each other all these years, but just recently I've felt closer, happier and more in love than I thought possible. We have learned to balance each other so well. I understand him and he understands me. We still have room to grow, but life with Chris is near perfect. Our kids on the other hand...they're great, but they're kids and we're always a work in progress. Tyler starts his freshman year of High School today. I'm thankful he's still at the Jr. High, though. He's recently passed me up in height and is becoming more of a man everyday. What happened to my little boy?! Tyler has changed positions and is going to be Copper Hills hockey goalie. It's going to be a fun year for sports! Caely is in 6th grade and is more beautiful everyday. She is so smart and fun to be around. She is definitely becoming a young woman. I am so excited for her to turn 12 next month. It fun to see her journey and the choices she makes with friends, school and basketball. Alexa is 4th grade this year. She ran for student government and made Governor of her class. She's really excited about that and I think a little surprised at the extra work it is going to be. Alexa's working on basketball this season, I think it's going to be a great experience for her. She is such a smart girl and still my little cuddler. Patch is 2nd grade this year. Man, he is growing up. He's taking swimming lessons right now because he wants to join the swim team. I'm looking forward to what that will bring him. He really does well in individual/team sports. He loves to be the clown of the family and make everyone laugh and he's already so tall. Patch still struggles with his emotions. I'm getting worried about this fall, that's usually when it's the worst. Hopefully we can help him through it. I think we get better and better each year.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yay, you're back!! I'm so excited to hear more about your goings on ;).

heather said...

Love this! Can I just tell you how gorgeous Caely is? Every time I see her I'm just shocked! Love ya!